St Dominics Newcastle announces office bearers at Dedication Services
St Dominics Newcastle is set to take the academic year by storm, following its Dedication Service on Friday, January 26.
During the Dedication Service, learners affirmed that they would serve the school to the best of their ability.
Furthermore, the Grade 12 office bearers were introduced to their fellow learners.
Receiving their matric jackets, ties and badges, the matriculants are geared up to lead their fellow learners to new heights.
The Grade 12 prefects and head of houses are:
1. Palesa Mhlongo – Michaels House Captain
2. Thato Mohapi – Roses House Captain
3. Sohail Adam – Prefect and Raphaels House Captain
4. Jonothan Hartman – Prefect
5. Muhammad Dhoda – Prefect
6. Mithila Kotte – Prefect
7. Mnotho Mkhonza – Boarder Prefect
8. Deah Oriee – Prefect
9. Abigail Peters – Prefect
10. Megan Rajah – Prefect
11. Rianna Ramdharee – Boarder Prefect
12. Rahil Samlal – Prefect
13. Asande Vilane – Deputy Head Girl
14. Sbongakonke Mbhele – Deputy Head Boy
15. Olwethu Gumbi – Head Girl, who also received her Honours Blazer on Friday
16. Matthew Wu – Head Boy
The Learners Representative Council for 2018:
Grade 7: Zayna Bam
Grade 8: Juandre Beukes
Grade 9: Danielle Paulsen
Grade 10 – Mpendulo Simelane
Grade 11 – Virna Makhudu
Grade 12 – Lungisano Kunene
Nokuthulo Simelane – Secretary
Tally Luo – Treasurer
Sahil Samlal – Chairperson
With the office bearers introduced to the school, the learners are optimistic about the school year, especially with the announcement of the 2017 Dux learner.
As the 2017 Dux learner, Surav Anandhaw encouraged the learners of 2018 to pursue greatness by pushing themselves academically.
Through pushing themselves, Surav assured learners that they could fulfil their dreams.
Congratulations to all the St Dominics Newcastle learners who obtained leadership roles within the school.