Sports plays an integral role in a learner’s school career. Team spirit, the echoing cheers of their peers and dominating the sport track gives a sense of accomplishment.
On January 15, Ferrum High School held its interhouse sports day. A day dedicated to learners displaying their athletic prowess on the sports field.
Taking place at Amajuba School, Ferrum High learners cheered on their school friends. Edging them on to perform at an optimum level.
On the day, an impressive eleven records were broken.
The following learners performed surperbly at the interhouse sports day:
- Charmaine Scheepers took the u/14 girls 300m hurdles
- Siphesihle Dhladhla dominated the u/14 boys high jump
- Ellene Stoltz took the win in the u14 girls shot put
- Dane van der Merwe led the u/16 girls shot put
- Christiaan de Jager won the u/16 boys 400m
- Gerrit Scheepers proved to be a formidable force in the u/16 boys 400m hurdles
- Fernando Filipe led the way in the u/17 boys shot put
- The win for the u/19 boys 100m and the long jump went to Wikus van der Walt.
The results for the girls are as follows:
The title for the best u/15 went to Marlene Combrink.
Junior Victrix Ludorum goes to Charmaine Scheepers.
The Best u/17 athlete is Paula Coetzee.
Best u/19 athlete is Dane Potgieter.
Senior Victrix Ludorum is Charnique Oosthuizen.
The results for the boys are as follows:
Best u/15 athlete is Liam Gray
Junior Victor Ludorum goes to Steyn Rothman.
Best u/17 athlete is Divan Stoop.
The best u/19 athlete is Wikus van der Walt.
Senior Victor Ludorum goes to Gerrit Scheepers.
Congratulations to all the athletes for performing exceptionally well.