Newcastillians, brace yourselves for a series of power disruptions set to hit Newcastle over the upcoming weeks.
This follows the Newcastle Municipality issuing an important notice, warning residents and local businesses of the impending disruptions.
The Municipal Communications Unit states the power supply will be disrupted due to maintenance on its 132KV substations. The maintenance will see power outages from 8 am until 4 pm on the following days:
• 19 May 2021 – 132KV Lennoxton Substation (Load Shedding Zone 4)
Areas that will be disrupted – Lennoxton, Suryaville, Fernwood, Gandhi Park, Richview, Paradise, parts of the Newcastle CBD, Sunset view and Fairleigh.
• 2 June 2021 – 132KV Glenn Substation (Load Shedding Zone 6)
Areas that will be disrupted – Schuinshoogte, Amiel Park, Hutten Heights and Pioneer Park.
• 9 June 2021 – 132KV Central B Substation (Load shedding Zone 7)
Areas that will be disrupted – Arbor Park, Newcastle Mall, Newcastle CBD and Central Residential.
• 17 June 2021 – 132KV Central A Substation (Load Shedding Zone 3)
Areas that will be disrupted – Parts of the Newcastle CBD and Central Residential.
• 30 June 2021 – 132KV Riverside A and B Substation (Load Shedding Zone 2)
Areas that will be disrupted – Riverside Industrial and kwaMathukuza.
• 14 July 2021 – 132KV Karbochem Substation
Areas that will be disrupted – Brother CC and Karbochem.
The Municipality’s Communications adds, “Residents and businesses are advised to make necessary arrangements before the power is disrupted, and to always regard installations and electrical appliances as live.”
With the looming power interruptions, what are your thoughts? Share your views in the comment section below.
- Newcastle Municipality rated lowest municipality in KZN, according to Ratings Afrika
- Worries of no Electricity as Eskom and Oracle dual it out
- Newcastle Mayor tables 2021/2022 budget, with an increase in tariffs on the cards
- R238k for a mop, R56 for milk and accusations of racism, Eskom’s woes continue