The team from Osizweni SAPS appear to be continually making headlines for the right reasons. This follows yet another spurt of drug bust whereby hundreds of thousands of Rands worth of these illicit substances were seized.
In the first case, the now incarcerated merchant, a 41-year-old suspect, is expected to appear before the Madadeni Magistrate’s Court. According to police spokesperson Captain Nqobile Gwala, “His court appearance follows an operation conducted on 2 May 2021 by Osizweni police officers. The team acted on information regarding a suspect that was in possession of drugs and they proceeded to B Section in Osizweni.”
This saw the SAPS unit recovering an impressive R350 000 worth of mandrax tablets. As a result, the suspect was placed under arrest and charged with dealing in drugs.
In addition to this, Newcastle Police spokesperson Lizzy Arumugam states the Osizweni SAPS further arrested six suspects for being in possession of drugs, recovering:
- 39 parcels of heroin
- 45 mandrax tablets
- Four halves of mandrax tablets
Seeing progression is always applaudable, even if in the most minor ways. However, we hope to see the SAPS adding zeros to those figures in the upcoming months.
- Osizweni SAPS arrest two alleged drug dealers, how do you know if a loved one is addicted to drugs?
- Ithemba Security and SAPS respond to stabbing and fatal shooting in town
- Newcastle SAPS advise “comfortable shoes”, in case you need to run?
- Motorist escapes serious injury in accident, while SAPS recover 16 heroin parcels