Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
After reading this, you will be able to sit around a group of people, local or foreign and drop a ream of exciting and truly amazing facts about beautiful South Africa.
Holding far too many to list, we single out five points you simply need to know about this ever-changing and always captivating country.
- Cape Town’s table mountain holds more flower species than all of Wales, England, Ireland, and Scotland combined.
- South Africa possesses 10% of all the world’s bird, fish and plant species and 6% of its mammal and reptile species.
- SA is the only country on the planet boasting three capital cities; Pretoria, Capetown and Bloemfontein.
- The country boasts 11 official languages: English, Afrikaans, isiZulu, isiXhosa, IsiNdebele, Sesotho, Northern Sotho, and Setswana SiSwati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga.
- South Africa holds the longest wine route spanning over 850km
If there was a sixth slot, what fact do you feel would make the lineup? Share your views with us in the comment section below.